Alumni Association Information
History of the BGHS Alumni Association
In 1984, a group of BGHS graduates, many from the classes of 1930-1935, met to discuss the possibility of forming an Alumni Association. The group was led especially by Dorothy Bibb Krein and Virginia Craig Wendel of the class of 1932. This founding group held the first banquet in 1985 for the purpose of planning a scholarship program that would help graduating seniors each year. The first scholarship of $250.00 was given to Jay Niemeyer. The organization was incorporated on April 7, 1986. The first officers were: President: Charles Schuckenbrock; Vice President: Bill McIlroy; Treasurer: Frieda Hall; and Board Members: Dan Galloway & Fenton Hurd.
We owe great appreciation to this group of BGHS graduates for their hard work and vision to form this organization that lives today to celebrate the education and memories of four important years in the lives of everyone who graduated from Bowling Green High School.